What This Presentation Covers:
In this keynote session, you will gain insight into our collective understanding of the changing climate in which our existing buildings are now required to function and how these changes will continue to impact our buildings in the decades to come. These realities will be contextualized within a policy and investment landscape that is rapidly shifting toward zero carbon emissions.
You'll Learn About:
- Understand the changing climate and how it affects our buildings.
- Develop a high-level understanding of the policy and investment pressures you will experience as the owner or manager of existing build stock.
- Differentiate between buzzwords like zero emissions, net zero, deep retrofit, and climate resilience.
- Understand the role that deep energy retrofits have in responding to the current climate crisis and the urgency to reduce emissions within the 2020–2030 decade.
- Format: 1 hour recording + slides
- Audience: This course will be of interest to owners and managers of building portfolios who may be seeking guidance on how to prioritize capital renewals; or who are unsure how to embed energy, emissions, and climate resiliency considerations into their planning process to meet fast-evolving policies and codes; or who simply want to learn how to protect their assets in a changing climate. This includes private and institutional owners.
This presentation is delivered by: Monte Paulsen.