What This Presentation Covers:
From solar and optical properties to thermal performance, from structural and safety to acoustic performance, glass selection is one of the most important decisions you will make for a façade. But with a large variety of coatings, substrates, glass treatment options, cavity fills, and spacer options to choose from, where do you begin? And how do you protect your design intent through tender and procurement? Join Daniel Haaland, Associate and Building Science Engineer, and Felix Weber, Associate and Glass and Façade Specialist, while they guide you through a roadmap for glazing selection and procurement using different case studies and decision tools.
You'll Learn About:
- The design process and when critical decisions must be made around glass and glazing.
- Key performance requirements and standards for glass selection.
- Which components of insulated glass units affect their performance and how these interact.
How to compare options for insulated glass units across multiple requirements.
- Format: 1 hour recording + quiz. Downloadable slides are included.
- Audience: The architectural design community, building owners, and developers
Continuing Education Credits:
This presentation will be delivered by Felix Weber and Daniel Haaland.