Pre-registration is now open for May's Building Science Live webinar. This webinar will take place on May 20 from 1-2pm EDT (10-11am PDT).
To make sure you receive access to this webinar once registered, please remain subscribed to email notifications from learnbuildingscience.
What This Presentation Covers:
The push towards low energy and low carbon has led to rapid innovation in mass timber, including the development of cutting-edge prefabricated façade systems for tall wood buildings. This presentation will discuss the evolution of prefabricated systems, drawing on case studies to show the scale of progress and opportunity in this sector. Case studies will include groundbreaking projects such as Canada's Earth Tower, a mixed-use Passive House project of up to 40 storeys, currently being developed in Vancouver, Canada. Attendees will come away with a better understanding of how prefab mass timber facades can achieve carbon and energy goals while meeting stringent fire and durability requirements.
This presentation is a part of our Building Science Live Series.
You'll Learn About:
- The unique benefits of mass timber façade systems for carbon and thermal performance as well as fire protection
- Why prefabrication is essential to these systems to ensure fire protection and construction moisture management
- The key principles of building science and façade engineering to evaluate the many prefabricated mass timber systems available
- Mass timber assemblies and details that have successfully balanced engineering, aesthetic, and sustainability considerations, including Passive house requirements, to achieve constructable, durable, high-performance facades
- Format: 1-hour live webinar with the opportunity to ask questions during the event.
- Audience: This session will be of interest to architects, Passive House professionals, and other building professionals in Canada and the US with an interest in tall wood buildings.
Continuing Education Credits: