In this session, Graham Finch of RDH Building Science explores some of the unique challenges that project teams need to overcome during construction. He explains how recent building code changes have impacted construction practices for mass timber buildings and presents examples of moisture management risks and mitigation strategies. Within this discussion, he provides insight into material choice, construction sequencing, prefabrication, and the pros and cons of different protection methods depending on project goals and climate zone. He explains the importance of preparing and following a moisture management plan.
You'll Learn How to:
- Identify construction phase moisture exposure risks for mass timber building projects.
- Compare strategies for managing construction phase risk on mass timber building projects.
- Recognize key elements of an effective moisture management plan.
- Differentiate between different mass timber materials in terms of their moisture management requirements.
- Format: 1 hour recording + quiz. Downloadable slides are included.
- Audience: This course will be of interest to a wide audience within the building industry, in particular architects, designers, contractors, and developers who are interested in learning about the design and construction of mass timber enclosures.
Continuing Education Credits: