Access the full event details here!
About this event:
Join our team for a full day of inspiring and informative discussions to help make your next mass timber building project a success.
Led by RDH’s building enclosure specialists and industry-leading guests, together we’ll explore best practice design strategies from the perspective of multiple disciplines, demonstrate the application of these practices in real-world examples and case studies, and share the latest on mass timber codes, policies, and innovations.
After attending this event, you'll be able to:
- Identify how different types of mass timber components are used within building enclosure assemblies.
- Discuss the latest research, innovations, and resources available to support mass timber enclosure design and construction decisions.
- Apply general fire code provisions governing mass timber to low-and high-rise construction designs.
- Understand how wood can be used effectively to decrease embodied energy of building skins and improve their overall environmental impact.
- Determine how to effectively manage the risk of construction phase moisture.
- Identify the technologies, scientific uncertainties, and economic obstacles that provide challenges to the future.
- Identify the building codes governing mass timber construction in the New England region.
Pricing and registration:
- Early bird registration and pricing closes October 31
- Event registration closes November 12
- Student pricing is available to students and educators who register using an academic email address
- Group rates available upon request (contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Format: Virtual symposium accessible via desktop, tablet, or mobile device. Recorded presentations will be available for viewing up to one week following the event.
- Audience: This full-day event is a learning, networking, and resource sharing opportunity for developers, architects, engineers, contractors, and students who are leading or contributing to mass timber projects in the New England region. Industry professionals from all across North America are also likely to find value in the discussions and information shared at this event.
Continuing Education Credits:
Why Learn About Mass Timber Enclosures?
As the design and construction industry continues to search for more sustainable and cost-efficient methods of construction, mass timber has presented itself as both a viable and a desirable option. With this new wave of design and construction comes challenges not faced by more conventional building systems and enclosure products. The speakers in the Mass Timber Enclosure Symposium series explore and discuss a number of topics relevant to the design and construction of mass timber enclosures in the New England region, focusing on opportunities to manage risk and increase the long-term durability of the mass timber enclosure.