What This Presentation Covers:
Leading jurisdictions in both Canada and the U.S. are developing policies that will impact the way we renew our existing buildings throughout North America. The Institute for Market Transformation has helped many regions develop and implement existing building policy. Zack Hart from IMT will guide you through an overview of the policies that currently exist or are being considered by various provinces, states, and cities. He will also introduce the Building Performance Standard Coalition, an initiative of over 30 U.S. state and local governments committed to developing and implementing equitable building performance policies and programs.
You'll Learn About:
- Understand existing policies and policy directions at the federal level for both Canada and the U.S.
- Recognize regional policy variations and how these variations may impact the goals or outcomes of your region-specific retrofit projects.
- Set targets for your existing building portfolios that meet your regional requirements. .
- Identify region-specific policy time lines that may impact your retrofit planning process.
- Format: 1 hour recording + slides
- Audience: This course will be of interest to owners and managers of building portfolios who may be seeking guidance on how to prioritize capital renewals; or who are unsure how to embed energy, emissions, and climate resiliency considerations into their planning process to meet fast-evolving policies and codes; or who simply want to learn how to protect their assets in a changing climate. This includes private and institutional owners.
This presentation is delivered by: Zachary Hart.