About this presentation:
Low-carbon and high-performance sustainability objectives are increasingly a priority for commercial and institutional building owners. High-performance strategies may be well understood for standard building types, but specialized expertise is required to achieve the same performance goals in buildings with unique needs. In this talk, you’ll hear from RDH team members around North America on low-carbon energy performance goals and strategies for commercial and institutional buildings with custom needs. We’ll share case studies on commercial kitchens, swimming pools, wet labs, and other custom building uses. We’ll also discuss the importance of evaluating these projects holistically to optimize their design.
This presentation is a part of our Building Science Live Series.
After attending this event, you'll be able to:
- Understand low-carbon energy performance goals for commercial and institutional buildings.
- Identify sustainable design strategies for custom building uses.
- Recognize the importance of evaluating a project holistically from multi-discipline perspectives to optimize the design.
- Identify systems that contribute to low-carbon building design and retrofits.
- Format: 1-hour live webinar with the opportunity to ask questions during the event.
- Audience: North American designers, engineers, commercial building owners/developers and managers, institutional building owners/developers/managers who are interested in high performance buildings.
Continuing Education Credits:
This presentation is pending approval for continuing education credit.
About Building Science Live:
Building Science Live is a live webinar series delivered by RDH's building science specialists who explore a new topic during each session. Topics range from building science fundamentals to high-performance design. Building Science Live is a free live event for those who have purchased a ticket. Session recordings are made available for purchase shortly after each event and include the event recording and a quiz for learners seeking continuing education credits.